Random Computer Audio Adds Virus?

Kasher_Khan

Limp Gawd
I recently got some sort of virus\malware on my laptop that plays random audio clips (movie trailers, adds, sound bits) at random intervals.

I saw a number of threads online but most of them suggest to use anti malware programs like malware bytes. I have already tried that and it doesn't catch it.

Anyone know the name of the speacific virus this is and what is the best tool to use it.

Head over to the networking and Security forum..there is a sticky "Malware Removal" thread that we spend a lot of time on maintaining a list of the best tools to use.

With dozens if not hundreds of new search redirecting/adware trojans coming out each day, hard to keep up with specifically which one it may be.

Sounds like AIM.

Assuming you're on Windows 7, check the audio mixer and see what's playing sound. If it doesn't show up there, bust out process monitor and go from there.

Sounds like AIM.

Assuming you're on Windows 7, check the audio mixer and see what's playing sound. If it doesn't show up there, bust out process monitor and go from there.

I am running windows 7. I didn't see anything in the process monitor pop up when the sound was playing.

You have to add a filter that includes audiodg.exe.

Why not start with the simple method and see what's playing sound via the mixer?

Last edited:
Back