Ran Reg cleaner now can't pin IE to taskbar Vista help

SpongeBob

The Contraceptive Under the Sea
Hi guys Ran a Reg cleaner now I can't pin IE to the taskbar at the left hand side in Vista. It doesn't give the option to except unpin to start menu. How can I get it back to how it was?

If I do this will it work? This is for a work comp so I can't chance f'ing it up.

#1: Go to below location:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\

#2: Delete the following file
1b4dd67f29cb1962.automaticDestinations-ms

Then restart?

Last edited:
Reformat because I can't pin IE no thanks. It's not a company pc it's just one a friend uses for his comp trying to help, asked the question for him. If I could get him to switch to firefox that would be great but don't think that'll happen.

Which browser is best for using Java for 8 hours a day?

Reformat because I can't pin IE no thanks. It's not a company pc it's just one a friend uses for his comp trying to help, asked the question for him. If I could get him to switch to firefox that would be great but don't think that'll happen.

The moral of the story is you don't know what it did. It obviously did some unsavory things, or you'd still be able to do basic tasks like pin IE to the taskbar.

just restore the computer back to before you ran the registry cleaning program ...?

Out of curiosity, which Reg Cleaner? I use CCleaner and it always offers the option to create a backup of the registry settings before it makes any changes. CCleaner has never screwed up my system, but it is nice to know I can easily go back if it did.

Last edited:
create a backup

Key words here ANYTIME you muck around in the registry.

That key is for Windows Explorer Pinned and Recent, so delete/restart/try to pin might work.

Back