Ram for an OG nforce

iceman3083

n00b
I built my computer a few years ago(my first build) and i wanted to upgrade my ram, i was wondering if any of you could recommend me some decent ram. my mobo is a MSI k7n-420 and its supposed to only run ddr pc2100, but i was wondering if it could possibly run on ddr pc2700 or even 3200, rite now i have 2 sticks of crucial ddr pc2100 256each

i dont see why not.
worst case it would run at 266. but im thinkin you may be able to push it a little. GL

i put some corsair twinx in it before (my brothers sticks) and my computer wouldnt even post do you know why that would happen?

when you put your brothers ram in your rig, did you reset cmos or relax timing?
i think some people at nforcershq stated twinx not being the most compatible memory on the planet. i put black corsair xms (2x256) in a few of my nforce2 rigs and did not have any issues. Your talking about the nf1 board with onboard video option ? I hate to send you elsewhere, but you might want to check out the site for the # 1 source for nforce related answers. Also ill tell you, many many people have had issues with memory and various nf2 board makers... but i have not had a single problem so i cant say i can relate or pretend to understand. Then again if x ram does not work, ill switch in one of the few pairs i do have. Then i put that x ram in my intel rig and it works just fine ... so its wierd and im babbling now. :)

Back