Radeon 9800 Pro Problems...

Will013

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi Everyone,
I just purchased a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 256 Bit card today and have been having some problems. First off I uninstalled current drivers and then installed omega corner drivers..UT2004 worked just fine..went to play Far Cry and it crashes to desktop right before level loads, same with Halo and who knows what other games. I uninstall omega corner and try the ATI Drivers. I go to play UT2004 and it is very twitchty with the same settings i used before. I didn't even try to run FarCry as I don't feel like re-booting my pc after it crashes. Any suggestions? Any help would be deeply appreciated as it's quite frustrating getting a new card and not being able to use it :(

Thanks,
Will

Just clean formatted..
Installed latest catylyst drives.
Went to run far cry at default settings. Played the intro to first level video great. Goes to loading first level, right as it finishes computer reboots. This is really starting to annoy me as every other new game seems to work fine, UT2004, COD, etc..

Any help would be great..

Will

have newest mobo BIOS?

is the PSU overloaded or good to go (how much heat its kicking out is a good indication most of the time)

all windows updates installed?

is the auxilary power connector securely in, and straight from the PSU (no passthroughs like fan plugs between it and the psu?)

tried reseating the CPU, RAM, and video card?

everything is up to date and running just fine..can run any other recent game at high settings no problems whatsoever..I think farcry is just screwed..doesn't even work on a clean format :rolleyes:

Back