Radeon 8500 showing 7500

airborne_mtrs

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2004
Messages
329
Is there any reason that a Radeon 8500 would list it's self as a 7500? I bought a video card off of this forum and it was listed as a 8500. (link with picture of the card at the bottom)
When I install the card my computer says it's a 7500. I know there is a big diffrence in the performance of the two and don't want to be screwed. The clock speed show 270 core and 200 mem which is closer to 7500 speeds. I figured I would ask before I demand my money back.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=829682&highlight=radeon+8500


Thanks,
airborne_mtrs
 
sounds like you got teh fux on that deal. I dont know of any underclocked 8500's coming out on the market. Does anyone else???
 
Looks like a hercules 7500 but it's slightly different. Maybe a cheap model of it. 32mb if they made one. He either screwed you or just didn't have the info right. For 35 bucks though, not really much to complain about. lol
 
Thanks yall...We got it worked out. I guess he got screwed by the guy he got it from. I like to test things out before I post them for sale!
 
Back
Top