Rack Mount UPS

StickyLoad

Limp Gawd
We are getting a rack mount system at work installed shortly. I've discovered that our current ups's are way underpowered for the amount of equimpment we need to protect.

I'm looking at Tripp Lite SmartPro 3000RM2U. Anyone had expirience with them? Or should I stick to APC. I was drawn to tripp lite as they were a few hundred dollars cheaper.

I've never used Tripp Lite UPS, but have tried many brands and with all my experiances I will only buy APC UPSs from now on..

How big of a rackmount UPS do you need? My company actually has a few 3000va 120v rack mount units they are trying to sell.. (PM me if your intrested and I can try to get some info)..

-scoob8000

one thing you don't want to skimp out on is a UPS. APC make some great UPS's, we use them here along with 1 powerware 9(invensys systems) and some bestpower units, now invensys also. Rackmount got with APC, they are great units.

I'd make sure you're comparing apples to apples cuz I've never seen Tripplite be cheaper than APC with comparable capacities.

I'd probably just go with the known quantity though - APC has never let me down.

For my servers, I only use APC or MGE. (I have had no problems with any of my MGEs, and only a few problems with my APCs)

For desktops (a few have them) I use whatever is on sale at Fry's.. I have had very few problems with them.

==>Lazn

Tripp-Lite makes good products...they might even be better than APCs. We have 2 rack mount tripp lites like you are looking at and they are monsters. I have several large servers and a 4000 series cisco switch and the thing sits at ~25% capacity. They've both been up and running for about 2 years with no problems. The only think that might be different is the plug...you need a big wall outlet installed. Whatever the circular ones are called, I forgot.

APCC only for me, proven over and over.
Fantastic product
Fantastic service
And you support US jobs (Rhode Island)

Tripp Lites are ok, but for mission critical stuff i would only use APC, they are the best, i have never had one die on me, they always pull through when the going gets tough...

Zlash said:
Tripp-Lite makes good products...they might even be better than APCs. We have 2 rack mount tripp lites like you are looking at and they are monsters. I have several large servers and a 4000 series cisco switch and the thing sits at ~25% capacity. They've both been up and running for about 2 years with no problems. The only think that might be different is the plug...you need a big wall outlet installed. Whatever the circular ones are called, I forgot.

Twistlock? 20amp plug

twist.jpg

I have a Tripp-Lite in use on my call-center PBX, it's been in use for 2 years now and has never had a problem with it. We've had probably 20 power outages in the last 5 months or so(building construction) with no problems.

Back