Quiet pumps

eheim 1250 is one i can recommend as ive used it for a couple years now without a problem, its quiet and pumps a large amount of water. but is also pretty big itself.
 
12v or 110v?

if 12v, i vote for Swiftech MCP600 - i have it, and it's very quiet, and looks good, and runs cool, and pulls lots of water.
 
Danner Mag 2 (aka "Pondmaster 250")

Sits on my floor, covered by a few mousepads for sound dampening.
Absolutely silent from a few feet away. I can hear it if I put my face right up to it.
A very very low frequency humming, but like i said, can't hear it from a few feet.

Keeps my A64 3500+ @ 2.49 ghz 1.6v running at 34c idle
 
Ok thanks guys, on my next system I want something with little to no sound. The few fans that will be in it are going to be some nice silenx fans, so I'm hping its quiet enough to run while I'm sleeping.
 
Eheim 1250 is silent as long as there's nothing for it to vibrate on... if you have it mounted good and tight on rubber or something, you shouldn't be able to hear it. I had mine running on carpet during testing and I forgot it was on cause you couldn't hear anything.
 
stumpy said:
Eheim 1250 is silent as long as there's nothing for it to vibrate on... if you have it mounted good and tight on rubber or something, you shouldn't be able to hear it. I had mine running on carpet during testing and I forgot it was on cause you couldn't hear anything.


I agree, this pump is silent for me, even just sitting on some bubble-wrap plastic stuff.
 
eheim 1250, mount it using the vibration dampeners from highspeedpc, and you should be set.

I'm running a near-silent rig myself using this very pump.
 
Back
Top