• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quiet down HD's?

baballin328

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
437
Is there a way to quiet down hard drives? My two hard drives are too loud and they're annoying. I'm not talking about when seeking, but when idle. I've unplugged fans while the comp was running and set my cpu fan down, but the overall system sound didn't change, so I think it's the hard drives...(or is it something else?)If it is the HD's is there a way to quiet them down?
 
You could use power management to have the drives spin down when they are idle.

unfortunately windows power management for HD is an all or none kinda thing, so you can't apply different settings to different drives. ( I wish there was something like this out there but so far I haven't seen it)
 
Back
Top