• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Quick question on new client

hiodie

Gawd
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
900
I haven't really been keeping up with the new client since I am not longer doing bigadv, so I have a couple quick questions about it.

- Running smp only, is there a need/benefit to upgrade from the previous client (6.23 I think)?
- Have they incorporated a way to change flags without restarting the client (i.e. add -oneunit in the middle of a WU so it ends after that unit)?
 
- Running smp only, is there a need/benefit to upgrade from the previous client (6.23 I think)?
- Have they incorporated a way to change flags without restarting the client (i.e. add -oneunit in the middle of a WU so it ends after that unit)?
If you are not running bigadv, I'd probably just wait til the new v7 client comes out which will solve your second question.
 
- For upgrade, not really unless your not getting units

- Not that i know of, though you can add the flash and stop/restart it very quickly loose only like 10 seconds of computing time
 
For your second question, you can use the GPU Tracker program to change -oneunit in the middle of a WU without stopping and restarting (since it runs everything as -oneunit and handles restarting the client on its own).
 
Back
Top