Quick Question about plasma HDTV & WindowsXP

Maul

Weaksauce
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
65
I recently purchased a Panasonic plasma HDTV & I have my PC connected using component adapter.

It works well enough in 1080i mode but the problem is that I can't read a thing on alot of websites. The text is too small. Sites like msn are fine. I went with a bigger dpi setting but this doesn't seem to affect text on certain websites.

*Is there a way to solve this problem?

My HDTV doesn't have PC inputs, I'm using a component cable.
 
You could do a couple things:

Set your computer to a lower resolution. This will basically zoom everything in. It will reduce your picture quality but everything will be bigger.

The Mozilla Firefox web browser allows custom user stylesheets. In these style sheets you can make rules that all websites will follow. Such as making all paragraph tags bigger.

Finally microsoft has an accessibility tool that is a magnifier which gives you a magnifying glass and whatever you hover over is magnified in a different window.
 
docmal said:
You could do a couple things:

Set your computer to a lower resolution. This will basically zoom everything in. It will reduce your picture quality but everything will be bigger.

The Mozilla Firefox web browser allows custom user stylesheets. In these style sheets you can make rules that all websites will follow. Such as making all paragraph tags bigger.

Finally microsoft has an accessibility tool that is a magnifier which gives you a magnifying glass and whatever you hover over is magnified in a different window.

Thanks Docmal for replying.
I like my 1080i res so Firefox seems to be the way to go. I'll give it a try. I've never tried firefox before but others have spoken well about it.
 
Hey Docmal, I installed firefox & I like it better than net explorer. It does work better with my HDTV but I still seem to have trouble with certain sites. Here's my problem. If I enlarge the text it works fine for some sites such as this one. But others mish mash text &/or the graphics appear over the text. Mainly the problem exists where the tabs are located on the left side of a websites. Do you know of any tools I could download that would allow more adjustments for firefox?
Does the Windows tool have a feature that would corrct this?
 
Maul said:
Does the Windows tool have a feature that would corrct this?

Not that I know of, this happens when the code of the website has a mix of fixed/non fixed sized font coding. Some text you can increas while some others wont change. The workarounds again is chainging the desktop resolution to a smaller size, the other is the magnifying glass accesability utility.
 
Back
Top