• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Quick help with new build...

xhail

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 21, 2002
Messages
187
Could I possibly request for someone to look over my new build and tell me if there might be some compatiblity problems if any?

Mobo: Asus A8V Deluxe
CPU: AMD 64 3000+ Socket 939
Mem: Corsair XMS 1G (512 x 2)
Video: AOpen 6600GT 128 mem
Power: Antec "True" 430W

Thanks everyone!
 
check the pins on the motherboard is it 24 pins or 20 pins for the power connector. if its 24 your going to need a new powersupply. everything else is fine.
 
Qwertyman said:
check the pins on the motherboard is it 24 pins or 20 pins for the power connector. if its 24 your going to need a new powersupply. everything else is fine.

The ASUS A8V Deluxe uses a 20-pin connection. Only the newer PCI-E boards require a 24-pin ATX connector.
 
burningrave101 said:
The ASUS A8V Deluxe uses a 20-pin connection. Only the newer PCI-E boards require a 24-pin ATX connector.
wasn't sure what it was, i didn't look.
 
actually I checked on Asus's site and it seems to say 24 pin ATX connector for the A8V Deluxe. Did I read it incorrectly?

asus a8v del
 
xhail said:
actually I checked on Asus's site and it seems to say 24 pin ATX connector for the A8V Deluxe. Did I read it incorrectly?

asus a8v del

Thats the A8V-E Deluxe. Its a PCI-E board that uses the VIA K8T890 chipset.
 
all I got to say is ... thank god you guys are here and helping people like me...
This could've been a disaster with wrong PS connectors and everything hehe

A BIG thank you to everyone!
 
Back
Top