Questions about the Creative Zen Extra

Razo

n00b
May as well fork up the extra $25 for notmad. You can import files without having to fire up mediasource though. I think part of the driver/software installation installs nomad explorer, which kinda lets you just drag files into the jukebox. I got this thing for christmas, and I'm really happy with it for the most part. I took it on my New Year's trip to Vegas though, and that's where I started to notice some of its limitations when dealing with LARGE mp3 collections. It doesn't do playlists on the fly and if your id3 tags aren't all coordinated, good luck navigating anything. But all in all, I'm pleased with it. The thing stayed on for the whole 9 hour road trip, which was impressive to me. And you can't argue with the price.

OK, so the Zen Extra comes with Nomad Explorer? All I want is simple drag-n-drop, and not having to load a bloaty "Jukebox" software everytime just to transfer my mp3s. From what you said, seems to me that the nomad explorer does exactly what I wanted. I probably don't need the advance capabilities of the notmad (plus additional $25... :().
Thanks for your answer Razo.

Anybody else with comments are welcomed.

Back