Questions about Phase and Water chilling

I have a few questions I was wondering about

1.What are the differences in temps for Phase and liquid chilling?

2.Why would someone modify their phase change to turn it into a water chiller?

3.For your average Phase unit how much noise is there? comparitevly to fans and such.

1) with phase-change u can get really low temperatures if u stack them, that is call cascade setup, i have seen a cascade rig that could get around -120ºC. When u use liquid the main problem is its solidification temperature, if the liquid becomes solid, game over!

2)the idea is to get as low as u can to cool your pc, if u make a water chiller (that uses a phase change refrigerator to chill the water) to chill some peltiers u could get lower temperatures, BUT that all depends on your current design

3) Depending on your design and space limitations u might have to put one or several Fans on the condenser, thus getting some noise. Regarding the compressor, u can put your ear next to your refrigerator to get an idea

Canr really compare phase and chiller, phase will always be cooler and by quite a bit..... I think something like Vaporchill can get to -40c or so measured at the block, best I can do with my chiller before was around -10c....

Havent seen anybody turn phase into a chiller, doesnt make sense to me... only thing I can think of is with a chiller, you can add a loop and cool you vga as well...

You can buy phasechange as is ready to install but chillers are usually DIY, its been 3 years since I had mine, might be different now..

There are water chillers out there. They make them for large tanks like 3000 gal and up. I dont remember the site that sells them. A little googling will be involved.

Chillers are nice because you can cool the whole computer at like 30c or lower.

Back