Question: Webcam?

Baker

2[H]4U
Ok, so heres the set up. :D

I have 2 PC's and 1 Webcam.

I was wondering if its possiable (and how to set it up if it is) to be able to access my webcam from another computer.

I have my webcam set up on my old comp for when I have a friend gaming on my new rig, but when I'm not busy gaming, I want to be able to use my webcam from my new rig. Is there anyway I can do this? I don't feel like constantly switching them from PC to PC and don't have the money to buy another one.

I've tried sharing the software folder on the old PC to try and use it.. no go.. then I installed the software and drivers for it on my new PC, but it can't find the webcam.... any suggestions?

I'm not trying to broadcast anything, I just want to be able to record vids/pics. Can this be done?

Your not gonna be able to use it to record vids and pics from one machine while it's on another, it doesn't work that way.

What program is it, telling us ya found something that fixes your problem without telling us what it is isn't helpful...

yeah that kind of sucks for us that would like to know. I have never seen anything that does this (fully.) tell us what you found!

Perhaps you can run windows media encoder and have the webcam stream to your other computer... not sure what you can accomplish that way but the video will get to the other computer.

Back