Question: Seller sold digital account then locked me out months later, what should I do? (AGAIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

livfree

[H]ard|Gawd
As title says.

Bought an Xbox One here mid last year, was sold specifically with the digital account on it as it had games, that was part of the deal. Account info was given to me. It had been used by my younger siblings while i was away at college, but now it appears he locked the account up. Can't access acc/games, messaged multiple times on here across 2 weeks, and he has been active.

Way past PayPal coverage, what can I do besides change heat I gave him to a neg? Contact microsoft and show them bill of sale?

EDIT JULY 2ND: PW was changed again, losing access to the account.

EDIT September something: Locked temporarily.
Advice appreciated :)

Last edited:
Microsoft probably won't do jack in this situation.

Whos the user in question?

Selling accounts with digital goods is against the terms of service for XBox Live. You bought a console and were breaking the rules using those games :(

Last edited:
"This License Is Non-Transferable"

We have all read it a thousand times. Now it applies.

Just my 2 pennies.

How do you know he is the one that locked you out?
What if the account got locked by some other means?

should've just changed the user name and password when first received. that's what I would've done. I had bought a 2010 MacBook pro that the person still had his iTunes/icloud on it. being a neighborhood yard sale it wasn't a problem for me asking for the info. I was able to clear it and put my info on it. and I was surprised how much he was selling it for.

Regardless of the BS TOS applied to digital games, the seller allegedly took back the account after selling it.

Technically, the seller violated the TOS not the buyer. So in the end, the seller also stole money from the buyer.

Is the time past 6 months? Isnt that paypal's time limit now?

Yeah it's past sadly.

should've just changed the user name and password when first received. that's what I would've done. I had bought a 2010 MacBook pro that the person still had his iTunes/icloud on it. being a neighborhood yard sale it wasn't a problem for me asking for the info. I was able to clear it and put my info on it. and I was surprised how much he was selling it for.

Never changed security questions so he could have changed it without /: My fault there. Regardless PMs specify he would be including the account with rights to it, and have record of him sending info. Idk, i'm just annoyed. I'm gonna give him a few more days.

As title says.

Bought an Xbox One here mid last year, was sold specifically with the digital account on it as it had games, that was part of the deal. Account info was given to me. It had been used by my younger siblings while i was away at college, but now it appears he locked the account up. Can't access acc/games, messaged multiple times on here across 2 weeks, and he has been active.

Way past PayPal coverage, what can I do besides change heat I gave him to a neg? Contact microsoft and show them bill of sale?

1 of the main issues I see here is that the account being offered along with the xbox.... implied a certain value even if not stated.

If you paid $X amount of dollars for it WITH an xbox account with a ton of games then obviously its not worth the same $X dollars if he had sold it without those games and just the console.

You'd have obviously offered less or his price would have been less if all those games had not been included and it was just the console.

So you've had part of the value of the sale, yoinked back to the seller.... yet the price you paid is still fully held by the seller.

IE this is blatant theft.

1 of the main issues I see here is that the account being offered along with the xbox.... implied a certain value even if not stated.

If you paid $X amount of dollars for it WITH an xbox account with a ton of games then obviously its not worth the same $X dollars if he had sold it without those games and just the console.

You'd have obviously offered less or his price would have been less if all those games had not been included and it was just the console.

So you've had part of the value of the sale, yoinked back to the seller.... yet the price you paid is still fully held by the seller.

IE this is blatant theft.

YES! This is exactly what I meant. I paid the price for the console BECAUSE of the included AAA games on the account... And he has all the money, and took back those.

Out his ass. No reason not to if you ask me. We as a community need to know who is trustworthy and who isn't.

Out his ass. No reason not to if you ask me. We as a community need to know who is trustworthy and who isn't.

I'm too nice of a person I guess LOL :p

In all seriousness i'm going to. It's getting agitating

Update: I reached out to seller via email as well and finally got a reply. He's supposed to be getting me the credentials. Hopefully this gets resolved.... :)

As title says.

EDIT JULY 2ND: PW was changed again, losing access to the account.

So he did it again on July 2? Reveal who he is, so nobody here trades with him, leave a negative feedback on heatware if you have it, and MOST importantly, report the sale to Microsoft to try to get the account banned. He deserves no less.

Seriously, stop being nice.

Niceness is ending. Locked out once AGAIN.

I haven't been on here much as I'm in college again trying to finish this f'ing degree but when I find the time he's getting neg heat and i'm uploading screenshots of all comms/

Niceness is ending. Locked out once AGAIN.

I haven't been on here much as I'm in college again trying to finish this f'ing degree but when I find the time he's getting neg heat and i'm uploading screenshots of all comms/

Please don't wait too long. I know you probably don't want to be a dick, but at the very least, let us know who it is so we don't trade with him. If you need motivation, just think about how he doesn't give a shit that he's ripped you off.

I agree with jimbo, take him down with you, but I dont ever buy online accounts unless 2 things happen. trade happens in person (And I have them log in and then I change the password) also I only but accounts I can change passwords and recovery info for.

Soi the last few times you got access back to the account op, you did not update the email and password?

You really need to stop stalling and out this guy so people know not to deal with him. Others can potentially be screwed by him if he knows he's about to get outed and doesn't care.

With the trouble you're going through with this guy I don't see why your protecting him. What he did deserves at the least to be on everybody's DNT list. I'm sympathetic to your situation, but come man we also have a right to keep ourselves from going through it as well.

He stole the account back twice and you haven't ousted him?

There's some sort of Jerry Springer incredulity going on in the background here.

Sounds like the OP doesn't want to out the guy yet, because it will end any hope of getting the account back.

I'm wondering if this guy just so happens to be using the same email account still and is changing that password regularly and it's changing the Xbox password as well.

I have experience with a few microsoft products and they all use my email password to log in. Maybe he isn't even thinking about the Xbox account anymore.

I'm wondering if this guy just so happens to be using the same email account still and is changing that password regularly and it's changing the Xbox password as well.

I have experience with a few microsoft products and they all use my email password to log in. Maybe he isn't even thinking about the Xbox account anymore.

While that might be a possibility, I highly doubt that's what's going on. OP said he PM'd this guy at least twice since the first time it happened months ago, and while the offender was active on this site, he never responded.

There's some perfect-world scenario where this guy is not up to anything dubious, and his Xbox Live account is the same account as his email and just resetting his password to get into his email once every 1-2 months AND he completely forgot about selling his Xbox Live account AND doesn't draw the correlation between his password "magically" changing and remembering "Oh, I sold an account that uses this email!"... but the reality is more than likely this person probably sold the account with decent intentions but then later on said to himself, "you know what, fuck it - I want to play these games again."

I would also guess the xbox live email address is from a non-microsoft domain, meaning the email password change would have no effect whatsoever on the Xbox Live account. This is only reinforced by the fact that the OP was able to get back into the Live account, meaning the password to the email was likely not changed.

livfree - do you have access to the email account that is being used for this Live account? If yes, are you not able to change all of the information on the account so that this guy can't get back in? If you have the email account, you should be changing everything possible - name, password, account reset information (e.g., questions used to access account after losing the password), secondary email address used for password resets, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back