Question regarding 7200.10 drives

UltimaParadox

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 8, 2003
Messages
6,243
I recently had a hard drive die in my file server, which only has interface for SCSI or IDE. What I would like to do is buy a SATA HD and put it into that system, until it is upgraded, which will probablly be the end of the year.

I know that PATA version of the 7200.10s are available, however, since ICH8 does not natively support PATA anymore, I do not see it benefiting me any to buy an IDE drive anymore.

What I am trying to figure out is if I could buy use a SATA to IDE adapter for the 7200.10 and use that until I upgrade the system?

This is the drive I am looking at currently:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148140
 
Sure you could, but a SATA PCI controller would be far cheaper than a SATA-IDE converter.

==>Lazn
 
Back
Top