Question on XFI Fatility

o0akoni0o

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
1,301
are you going to us the ms vga cable to connect your 360 to your widescreen? i'm using the cable to hook up my 360 to my lcd monitor and the sound inputs of the cable are plugged into my fatality's line in, which outputs to my z2300s. i used to use z640s and i had no problems getting 5.1 sound this way.
 
Im planning on ordering one of these since there is a good deal on them. Main reason I want it is because of the IO box. I heard earlier though that 680i based motherboards and XFI's didnt get along with each other. Is this true, and if so has it been fixed? I have a EVGA 680i motherboard.

Also the reason I want the IO box is for the Optical In jack because I want to connect my Xbox 360 to it. I have a Logitech Z640 5.1 speaker system. Would this work, by connecting my 360 to the Optical In and it be able to output it to my Z640's? Would I get 5.1 sound, or just 2.1? Either way doesnt matter, I just want to be able to play my 360 on my 19in Widescreen monitor so I can get a better resolution out of my 360 instead of putting it on my 20in 4:3 tv.
 
As far as I can remember I have seen a few guys on various forums with that Mobo having issues. They were a great one to use for a gaming rig becasue of the SLI. X-fi's would have static and Snap, Crackle, Pop when using this mobo. It is a glitch with the motherboard so they say. I am also unsure if it has been fixed with a Bios update or not. I would definatley make sure if you want to use those two devices together. I haven't seen any cases of it latley so it is possible a Bios update fixed the issue or a driver update or both:D Sorry I have no definate answer for you.
 
Back
Top