Question if this would help

The[H]uman

Secret Agent Man
I was looking at statsman page and looking at the top 1000 members and was noticing that there is alot of people that used to produce but haven't had any stats in a while just all 0's and i was wondering i guess where my question comes in is there a way to group all the people with 0 production and then to export that list into a txt file that maybe we could paste somewhere maybe one of them would read it and some of them would come back to folding there seemed like alot of them.

Maybe in that way we could get alot of the old folders back it would just be the Names they fold under but maybe a front page that lists these names would bring alot of people back

Let me know if this is possible and your feeback on this subject

Woah, woah, woah......I am passing alot of those 0's on my climb to the top...That will be a lot [H]arder to do if they all start to produce again. :D

I had noticed that too (all the zeros) and wondered about the same thing, did ppl just stop or was there a reason, anyone that high up in the ranks didnt just stop folding and forget about it one day.

Alien Abduction might be to blame. Wouldnt that piss off those Seti Guys!

Kroz

Originally posted by Kroz
Woah, woah, woah......I am passing alot of those 0's on my climb to the top...That will be a lot [H]arder to do if they all start to produce again. :D

I had noticed that too (all the zeros) and wondered about the same thing, did ppl just stop or was there a reason, anyone that high up in the ranks didnt just stop folding and forget about it one day.

Alien Abduction might be to blame. Wouldnt that piss off those Seti Guys!

Kroz

yeah aliens came down and said don't fold anymore those are ways of working our way into your lifes and took them LOL seti has had it wrong this whole time

This is called life.
Most people are to busy to be bothered to maintain dedicated folding. Some such as ID01 fight for a great score and are forced to stop.
I was pulling into the low 70's when I had a heart condition and spent 2 weeks in the ICU for vacation. I've finally got back into the high 80's and broke 50,000 today.
Plus there are other projects, I'm currently #1 in Genome, for the [H], but it looks like Axdrenalin is going to pass me this week. I was going to slide a few Ghz over to that, but it seems to be a wasted effort.

We've just got to keep trying to convince those who pay for the cycles to put them to use.

The apps I run bring dual Xeon 3Ghz systems, 4Gb of RAM, to their knees. But at the same time there are probably 20 2.4Ghz machines doing NOTHING other than burning electricity.

So keep your machines folding, borg with permisssion and FOLD ON!!

People stop folding for a variety of reasons. Some have moved to different projects, especially when we had >1.5 million point lead in Folding. Some find that the way a different project's client works is better for their situation. Others have created their own teams or moved to other teams for all sorts of reasons. Others may have fallen on hard times and had to cut back.

I don't think that a list of non-producers would be a very effective way to communicate our desires for them to come back to folding for [H]. It could have very negative reactions (like a shame list). The absolutely best way is to contact those that you already knew outside of folding or [H] and talk to them one on one, friend to friend.

Word of mouth is still the number one best kind of adverstising.

Back