Here's a question i haven't seen yet:
What exactly constitutes good airflow through a case? Can you have too much intake? too much exhaust? where should fans be placed, and not be placed?
I was looking at this case
http://www.dealsonic.com/skmssialatxm.html
and i was thinking i would put fans in all the slots on the back, the 80 in the front and the two(?) vents on the side.
Should the two on the side be exhaust or intake? etc.
And will the 80 on the front be enough to balance out the other 5 fans on the back?
Edit: I was also thinking of cutting the front 80 into a 120, the grill on the front of the case is large enough to provide air flow for a 120. I think.
I'm new to this, and i ran a search on this topic, but came up with nada. so.. help.
What exactly constitutes good airflow through a case? Can you have too much intake? too much exhaust? where should fans be placed, and not be placed?
I was looking at this case
http://www.dealsonic.com/skmssialatxm.html
and i was thinking i would put fans in all the slots on the back, the 80 in the front and the two(?) vents on the side.
Should the two on the side be exhaust or intake? etc.
And will the 80 on the front be enough to balance out the other 5 fans on the back?
Edit: I was also thinking of cutting the front 80 into a 120, the grill on the front of the case is large enough to provide air flow for a 120. I think.
I'm new to this, and i ran a search on this topic, but came up with nada. so.. help.