• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Question about this Sentey PSU

A MAJOR red flag is that the PSU is supposed to be a 400W, but if you look at the label, there's only 240W on the +12V rail! That makes it equivalent to about a 300W power supply.

Also, if you look at the back of the PSU, you'll see there's a 115/230V switch. That means the PSU doesn't even have PFC.

Basically, the PSU inside the case is about as cheap as you can get. Throw it away.
 
I agree with Jonny. It is likely one really sketchy PSU.

My only qualm is that you will likely never even pull half of the rated capacity of that PSU. But without having any scope shots on it, there's no way to know if its rippletastic even at low loads.

It's a crapshoot, but your components are on the line. I'd grab a nice Earthwatts or CX series and just call it a day.
 
I agree with both Jonny and Jorona: Total piece of crap. I see absolutely no value whatsoever in a "400W" PSU that can barely handle even 220W (maximum), while being incredibly rippletastic even at 175W.
 
Back
Top