Question about SATA-PATA Adapters

lelliott731

[H]ard DCOTM April 2017
Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
941
Ok, this might be a stupid question, but can I use a Serial ATA to Parellel ATA converter on the other end of the cable. In essence using a Serial ATA drive on a Parallel ATA interface? It looks possible, I just don't know if it's physically possible. Thanks for the help!
 
I good question I dont have an answer for
its been asked several times but no one as of yet has posted a definitive answer (that I have seen)
 
Anybody have any information on this? Or know where there is some I could look at?
 
Because I have a 36GB SATA WD Raptor that I'd like to use in an older machine that doesn't have a SATA port, and I'd like to not have to install an add on card.
 
Try it!

I don't think there's much chance at all that you could hurt anything. More than likely just gonna be a driver/detection issue...
 
Back
Top