Question about Installing Vista 64

Sadude

Limp Gawd
I'm building a new machine this week and ordered Windows Vista 64 Home Premium and G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

When installing Vista64 i've read that there are issues with instalation on 4gb setups. Should i just pop in one of 2x2gb sticks and install it as a with 2gb then later pop in the other 2x2gb stick or will that not work at all?

Sorry if this is a nub question i have no built a machine since 2003 and things were a lot different then :)

Btw, the mobo i'll be using is a GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R

I would put it all in and try. If there is a problem it will bluescreen. If it does, remove one. I am assuming dual channel, so I would rather start with it all if it were me. If it won't install, you should be ok to go with one and add the other one after, but I doubt you will have problems.

Update the mobo's firmware first. BIOS updates usually fix those kinds of problems.

It depends on the chipset and its BIOS version. If you had an Nvidia chipset, I'd say take half out to be safe. Since it is an Intel chipset, try it with it all installed. Chances are, it will install fine.

Back