Question about Hard drive waterblocks

jace055

Weaksauce
How well do these hard drive waterblocks cool? Namely the large flat ones you put under the hard drive. I won't be cooling a hard drive but, I would need it to remove about as much heat as a processor puts out. At times it may be required to remove about two times more heat (about 200 watts) but only for about 5 mins. Or would this depend on the radiator?

All this is for a water chiller setup. So i would be cooling the hot side to 2 100 watt TECs

Well the only commercially available HD waterblock I have seen is the one from Koolance which looks less then an impressive and uses a smaller diameter tubing (3/8"?) then most people around here would use (1/2"). I think that CPU waterblocks are designed much better and would be more efficient at removing heat then a HD waterblock. The amount of heat removed would be more dependant on the waterflow/radiator then the block itself. Certain block designs are better then others but the end heat removal from the system is done by the radiator/fan.

I'd build your own if you could.... the HD water blocks out there are less than impressive.

Back