• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Question about Eyefinity

[L]imey

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 9, 2009
Messages
2,046
Mark or Brent,

Did you guys find any way to swap quickly between Eyefinity and extended desktop mode? I want to be able to run a 3360 x 1050 for certain games, but revert to my 2 x 1680 x 1050 when using the windows environment because of the way maximizing windows works in multi screen.

I tried saving my eyefinity settings as a profile, but I don't think it saves them.

Any suggestions?
 
There a program that allows you to make different snap points on the screen so you can have them maximize to each monitor, let me see if i can find this, it was used with remote desktops when someone with a multi monitor setup wanted to run it super wide but still get the windows to snap.
 
Cool, but that still presents a problem when I want to game on only one monitor. If I set my resolution to that of a single screen in the game when the desktop is running eyefinity, it duplicates the game on both monitors. Which is kinda cool, but it kills my framerates.
 
EyeFinity configuration in general seems to be a little wonky and I'm sure they'll improve it. Once you create a group and get it working and arranged, you're fine but so far my experience has been the config could work better. Several times messing around with it, I had to exit the Catalyst tool and restart it to continue.

A tool able to save different groups and arrangements, or no group with extended desktop and switch between all of the things you have saved would be incredibly useful. Once I settle on what I am going to do with monitors, I'm sure I'd like to play some things on a single screen and some on multiple.
 
Back
Top