• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about adding Digital Input on Forte

leonemesis

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
198
Guys, I noticed there´s a connector in the Forte to add a digital input so I figure they mean an SPDIF input as the card has the output built in the back.

Question is, will this be enough to get it working (and cabling of course):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gigabyte-Mother...ards?hash=item1c0bd6a7c5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Is there a better option? I checked Auzen´s website but there´s nothing there.

Thanks for your input.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just adding info, that´s the connection I meant on the card:

forte.jpg


Sorry about the huge image.
 
its a S/PDIF input connector, which is a holdover from ancient PATA CDROM drives, so you could pass the digital output directly to the card

yes you could, in theory, use this as a S/PDIF input, although I'm guessing its tied to something else (as in, it represents Digital In, which likely has an input/connector wired somewhere else as well)
 
its a S/PDIF input connector, which is a holdover from ancient PATA CDROM drives, so you could pass the digital output directly to the card

yes you could, in theory, use this as a S/PDIF input, although I'm guessing its tied to something else (as in, it represents Digital In, which likely has an input/connector wired somewhere else as well)

Now that you mention it, yes I remember those. Now I´m rather intrigued whether it would work or not, but I´m concerned that if it requires something else, it might not be worth it.

I do notice that there´s some option in the Auzentech Control Panel about SPDIF In, so that´s why I figured this may work, but now I really can´t tell.
 
Now that you mention it, yes I remember those. Now I´m rather intrigued whether it would work or not, but I´m concerned that if it requires something else, it might not be worth it.

I do notice that there´s some option in the Auzentech Control Panel about SPDIF In, so that´s why I figured this may work, but now I really can´t tell.

you just need the wire lead, and it will be connected

I'm just not sure if that physical connector is shared with another digital input connector, if it isn't, you're in business, otherwise make sure you connect/use the one you intend to at the time of usage (does that make sense?)
 
you just need the wire lead, and it will be connected

I'm just not sure if that physical connector is shared with another digital input connector, if it isn't, you're in business, otherwise make sure you connect/use the one you intend to at the time of usage (does that make sense?)

Got it, suppose I´ll give it a try. Thanks for your input.
 
Back
Top