Quakecon 2004 Registration Opens April 14

ME!!!:D :D

Im going...To represent HardMilitary...As is about Half of the clan is also Going...We have rooms Reserved.
Too Bad no Official DC Tournaments...But will be very Fun!!!

Gaming and Drinking...Yeah!!

Originally posted by Col_Hogan
ME!!!:D :D

Im going...To represent HardMilitary...As is about Half of the clan is also Going...We have rooms Reserved.
Too Bad no Official DC Tournaments...But will be very Fun!!!

Gaming and Drinking...Yeah!!
I'm thinking of going. What clan are you talking about?

I will be in attendance this year after registering for the last four years and not being able to go ....I look forward to it.

I am looking forward to it. Man that resort looks nice.

I would really like to go. But being in Australia and miles away from Quakecon :( it's just not going to happen for me. Quakecon is the greatest < - So I'm told my my friends in the US. :cool:

Is no one interested? I figured half the people on this site would be going.

if I had the money for a plane ticket I'd go. Unfortunatly I have no such money :(

Originally posted by kronchev
if I had the money for a plane ticket I'd go. Unfortunatly I have no such money :(
you have all summer to save up ;)

I live 2 hours from Dallas.. I liked it MUCH better when it was in Terrel right off hwy 80 as parking was free and it was FAR from downtown.

The new location looks great.. but parking sucks..

(yea I'll still be going :D )

Thank goodness I only live 3 hrs away, and have friends that live in Grapevine. But the resort could be a vacation in itself. hmmm SPA

I'm going !!! Even if i have to fly my own plane to get there...only 4 hours by car or 2 by air.

not sure if this should be here or in the HardClub area...so move it if needbe.

How much should a person expect to pay while attending Quake Con (excluding fees to fly there...just what I'd pay in town for food, transportation, and a place to sleep & shower)

The good news is that Grapevine is located *directly* north of DFW International. It's not five minutes away. I imagine that Gaylord will have a free shuttle to the hotel.

As far as food/entertainment... There's plenty of places to eat nearby. That's because of the mega mall Grapevine Mills being next door. Lots of freeways + airport + hotel = plenty fast food to sit down restraunt goodness.

I haven't checked room rates (being as I live here in the area) but with the Gaylord grand opening I'd imagine the rates to be pretty good. Definitely under $100 a night and more like $60.

Originally posted by Torgo

I haven't checked room rates (being as I live here in the area) but with the Gaylord grand opening I'd imagine the rates to be pretty good. Definitely under $100 a night and more like $60.

Reserved room rates for Quakecon at the Gaylord are supposed to be 109.00 per night (Double Occupancy). Unfortunately since it's a brand new hotel nothing is really known about it yet, except that it's new and expensive so I would suspect you would be better off leaving it to eat on the local economy and bring your own sodas. :D

I live off of ice water...so...I'm not worried about soda costs. Ice water should be free.

I'll probably have to look into either another motel, or finding a roommate for the LAN.

Originally posted by NecessaryEvil
I live off of ice water...so...I'm not worried about soda costs. Ice water should be free.

I'll probably have to look into either another motel, or finding a roommate for the LAN.
I'll need a roomate if I go.

We have 2 rooms...and lots of Roommates!!

We as in the Hard|Military.

We shall be there.

Cost...About 119 a night split 4 ways is very cheap...

Hoping we get a Room with a Balcony..maybe, be able to cook off it?

Otherwise...Bring a George Forman Grill and Cook in the room...

Was hoping to get a Suite with a Kitchenette, Would of been nice.

But they were not part of the deal for 119.

109 = Double Occupancy

119 = Quad Occupancy

129 = Suites...Found out these were gone within the first hours of Reservations though!!

im drivin out of coppell into grapevine, goin to take 10 mins to get to the CON, sleepin in my own bed every night =D

as a bit of an aside, i wonder why they dont have any tourney details worked out yet...?

Originally posted by ADWulf
im drivin out of coppell into grapevine, goin to take 10 mins to get to the CON, sleepin in my own bed every night =D

Cool thanks for offering, we can all stay at ADWulf's house! :)

EnderW said:
Anyone need a roomate, let me know.

got a room? I need a place to sleep and shower...be happy to pay to sleep on the floor or something :p

Back