qmail + qmail-scanner + clamav - silent mail deletion?

ZeroX

2[H]4U
Okay, I'm working on setting up qmail with qmail-scanner and clam antivirus to get a nice, server-side virus scanning mail server set up. Everything works great - except the fact that clamav sends the intended recipient of a virus infected message a notice stating that they WOULD have received a virus infected message. This is no good when it happens about 1000 times!

Does anybody have experience with this and know how to configure clamav to silently deny the email and notify the sender instead?

Thanks for any help.

/edit: looking at the message it gives me when it detects a virus, it says that it will alert the recipient about the virus, but no mail is sent. Anybody know?

notifying the sender is generally a bad idea too... since most times it can be spoofed. (myDoom for example)
It also adds to bounce traffic if it IS spoofed, and overall congestion...

I'm looking for the same info (at least a definitive answer) I tried modifying my qmail-scanner stuff by hand, but ultimately it didn't work out.

This is controlled through qmail-scanner, not the antivirus scanner.

Off the top of my head, I think it's the --notify flag in the ./configure options

You also can tell it which virii to remain silent on and which not to.

Originally posted by KaosDG
notifying the sender is generally a bad idea too... since most times it can be spoofed. (myDoom for example)
It also adds to bounce traffic if it IS spoofed, and overall congestion...
Yeah, I'm not interested in EITHER. But if it's telling me it's doing it, I want it to NOT do it.
Originally posted by XOR != OR
This is controlled through qmail-scanner, not the antivirus scanner.

Off the top of my head, I think it's the --notify flag in the ./configure options

You also can tell it which virii to remain silent on and which not to.
You're right. My configure included the option "--notify sender,admin,recips" ... I'll take that out and see how it goes. Thanks for the info!

Back