Q8200 and CPUID

Wicked_Bass

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 26, 2000
Messages
1,052
Having problems with my budget machine the bios, windows vista 64 all see the q8200 as 2.3ghz.

When I open cpuid 1.49 it show q8200 @2.33
but under clocks in the bottom left corner it shows 2.0?

Cant figure out why?

Any ideas?
 
The name under 'specification' is just the default speed for the model I think. The speed shown at the bottom might be the lower, idling speed if speedstep is on, or something is just set wrong in BIOS.
 
When I open cpuid 1.49 it show q8200 @2.33
but under clocks in the bottom left corner it shows 2.0?

Cant figure out why?

Any ideas?
When the CPU is idle, Speedstep will lower the multiplier down to 6 to save power. The CPU is operating in a perfectly normal manner, so there's nothing to worry about.
 
Leave it as-is. It won't have any negative effect on your performance.
 
Back
Top