Q6600 Temps.

Fors30

n00b
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
59
So ive got a q6600 on an abit ip35 pro board. When I use core temp at idle it shows 28, 27, 17, 20 . Realtemp shows 5c lower on all cores and speedan shows them all like 15c lower, now I know to correct speedfan you are supppose to add 15. My problem is coretemp shows the highest temps, but still the 17 and 20 on cores 3 and 4 are below ambient, and i know thats impossible. Anyone else have this problem? Im not really sure what my real temps are as I cant find a program that reads them all above ambient. Here is a screenshot of coretemp when Idle.

 
Well when I try realtemp it shows each core 5c LOWER than coretemp, so it shows the 2 lowest cores from 11c to 13c lol....ambient temp here is around 20-22 c
 
Known issue with Speedfan not detecting Quad Temps correctly.
Click on Configure | Advanced | Chip -> Intel Core xxxxx

Change the value of the Temperature Offset to 15 for each of the 4 Properties. Also click remember it.

When you click ok, Speedfan should give you the correct values. I use Speedfan as it has never been wrong.

 
I use Speedfan as it has never been wrong.

Thats a fairly huge assumption, especially considering it defaults to 15C offset from what people might expect.
 
I am beginning to think my Processor's temp sensor is maybe defective, even uguru says my CPU temp is 16-17c and thats 4 below ambient right now, my temps seem to read lower than ambient on any program, everest, speedfan (with offset fixed), uguru, pcwizard, realtemp and a few others...the only thing CLOSE to maybe a real temp ive seen I guess is the first 2 cores on coretemp where they are around 27-28c . So thats all I really have to go on..I just hope its safe to go on those.
 
Have you tried looking in the BIOS pc health section? It will only show CPU Temp as a whole and no individual cores, but it might be a starting point.

Is the chip OEM? Can you RMA it? I'd send it back.
 
In bios it shows cpu temp as around 25-26c most of the time, but a cpu isnt idle when in bios either is it? I got the chip from clubit and its too late to RMA through them I guess I could RAM through intel but I have 3 years to do that, id rather not go without a CPU if possible so thats why im posting here and various other forums tryin to figure something out or atleast someone with the same problem as me heh.
 
I have the SAME problem, but with an AMD 5000+

Recorded temps are way too low to be possible. I've tried coretemp, speedfan, everest, and HWmonitor. All are reporting the same thing.

My BIOS seems to report it correctly at 35C.

I think my temp sensor in the cores are borked, but the CPU itself performs flawlessly. *shrugs*

AMD_TempCT.jpg
 
Back
Top