Q6600 ppd conundrum

Ice_Burg

[H]ard|Gawd
In light of the seemingly abysmal performance of the Q6600..I am wondering what things in the config I can look at to increase that over and above clock speed. Is there a particular version of the client that I should be using? Right now, I am running the 7.2.9 version.. On the i7/2 x 660 setup I am running the FAH Tracker V2...Will this make a difference on either system concerning ppd? What should I be considering besides a good OC on q6600 to bring it ppd up? less than 1k ppd is not reason enough to run the machine IMO.

Considering that you're running 5 year old hardware, i'd agree with it not being worth running the machine anymore. I mean, lets say you had that q6600 new in 2007, would you think about still running FAH on a 1.8ghz northwood pentium 4?

1k ppd for a Q6600 is very low, usually they are in the 4-5k range and can go higher, do you fold on it 24/7, are you folding SMP or uniproc WU and do you have a passkey?

1k ppd for a Q6600 is very low, usually they are in the 4-5k range and can go higher, do you fold on it 24/7, are you folding SMP or uniproc WU and do you have a passkey?

This.

One of the reasons that I chose 4k as the min requirement in the contests is that a single Q6600 can hit it with 24/7 folding.

uhhh...I am running FAH on a 1.8ghz northwood pentium 4

Something isn't right, my e6600 C2D does 2k if I just straight fold at stock settings.
Check to make sure all 4 cores are folding.

Looks like mine is doing 2507 on a P6098.

SMP 24x7x365

It may have just been the work unit it was on.. I just checked it again and shows estimated PPD of over 10k and I have not made any changes.

Well my PPD are back up to where they were after a few days of decline... I expect a 660ti in for the q6600 system to help out some more.. Glad to get the folding back on track and do some mowing of my own... I can not believe some of the PPD I see from ppl around the forum though.. Truly [H] performers.

Back