• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Q6600 OC advice

Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
849
Hey guys, I'm trying to squeeze a little more performance of my now relic of an age long gone cpu. I've been running super pi as a benchmark, I bumped my cpu to 3.2 and when I had the ram clocked at < 800 i was getting times of 26 seconds or so. I bumped the ram up to a little over 800 and it cut quite a bit of time off, my time dropped to about 20 seconds.

here's my cpu/ram/etc info:

2j2dgea.jpg


would there be any benefit to changing the timings on my ram?

or do any of you see anything wrong (other than my temps >.<)
 
when i had my q6600 @ 3.7, i believe i was getting times a shade under 14 secs.
not sure how the memory effects this old bench tho i was using 1066 RAM
 
pulled up my old bench/stress test spreadsheet.
with the q6600 @ 3GHz (333x9), got 17.685 secs.
i guess RAM speed does have a part to play in SuperPi...
 
Back
Top