• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Q4 and XFi?

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
4,308
Ok, so I have tryed to install Quake 4 and I uninstalled all of my X-Fi drivers, and webupdates and reinstalled them then reinstalled Q4 and for some reason when I try to open it up my System ether crashes, hardlocks, restats, or my screen just gos blank. Any Ideas?


-Proxy
 
also, x-fi's are notorious for lockups, bad performance, glitching, or stuff like that, does it only happen in that game?
 
coolxboxgamer said:
also, x-fi's are notorious for lockups, bad performance, glitching, or stuff like that
They are ? never happened with my xfi, i have had problems with audigy 2zs but with my X-Fi i had no problems that caused lockups and crashes or bad performance or glitching, aside from the odd crackle which is to be expected from any pc sound card...

no problems here that make me suspect the xfi as the culprit.
 
coolxboxgamer said:
also, x-fi's are notorious for lockups, bad performance, glitching, or stuff like that, does it only happen in that game?


Well, for the most part yes, it hardlocked with ear-piercing sound distortion once in BF2 when I went to go say something on Vent. I'm thinking it may just be a bad card and I should get a new one, my friends X-Fi never acts up.


-Proxy
 
Back
Top