Hey you guys
I got this motherboard:
MSI 945P Neo Platinum
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=672
I have uploaded a photo of the board at:
http://img191.imageshack.us/my.php?image=7176neo0dc.jpg
The manual and the website say:
The PSU i had planned for this is a regular ATX PSU, with 20pin main connector and 4 pin cpu connector. The gfx board is a Radeon X300SE PCI Express, but has no extra power connector (probably doesnt need one because its low-end).
So, do i really need a new PSU with upgraded connectors (ATX1 and JPW1)?
And in my case, do i connect anything to ATX2 connector?
I'm asking because this page say its not always needed:
http://www.antec.com/pdf/article/ATX12v2.html
Regards,
I got this motherboard:
MSI 945P Neo Platinum
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=672
I have uploaded a photo of the board at:
http://img191.imageshack.us/my.php?image=7176neo0dc.jpg
The manual and the website say:
MSI Reminds You...
All power connectors, ATX1 (24 Pin) & JPW1 (8 Pin, for CPU Power ) & ATX2 (4 pin, for PCI-E VGA) must be attached to this model to ensure operation of the Mainboard.
A Power Supply of 350 watts, or above, is highly recommended for system stability.
ATX 12V power connection should be 18A or greater.
The PSU i had planned for this is a regular ATX PSU, with 20pin main connector and 4 pin cpu connector. The gfx board is a Radeon X300SE PCI Express, but has no extra power connector (probably doesnt need one because its low-end).
So, do i really need a new PSU with upgraded connectors (ATX1 and JPW1)?
And in my case, do i connect anything to ATX2 connector?
I'm asking because this page say its not always needed:
http://www.antec.com/pdf/article/ATX12v2.html
Main power a 2 x 12 connector. This connector is compatible with 2 x 10 connectors previously used on Intel Desktop boards. The board supports the use of ATX12V power supplies with either 2 x 10 or 2 x 12 main power cables. When using a power supply with a 2 x 10 main power cable, attach that cable on the rightmost pins of the main power connector, leaving pins 11, 12, 23, and 24 unconnected.
Regards,