PSP playback question

brumby05

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 26, 2007
Messages
192
So I am thinking of buying a psp for music/games/movies. I am currently in college and use ruckus to download my music, which is a free service for college students. It really is a pain to use, but torrents/p2p/etc are all blocked on my school's network, and I don't really want to pay to listen to music. I am trying to figure out if I can play the music off of ruckus on a psp. I downloaded a program that will convert the music to unprotected mp3 files. Ruckus music is downloaded as wma protected files. I can then play the converted music on my ps3. If it works on a ps3, should it work on a psp?
If not, is there any other way to use the protected wma files on a psp?
Also, what video formats does the psp support? avi?

Edit: Oh and what is the deal with homebrew? What kind of apps does it allow to be used? Anyone have a good site that explains everything?
It seems I would need to keep the firmware to 1.5, but that doesn't include a web browser. Is there a browser that works with homebrew?
 
Well i can play AVI on my PSP, and I can play MP3 :)
I would advise you to track down a program to convert normal video files to a size and shape that suits the PSP's screen.
 
Custom firmware can get pretty complicated. But just to answer your question briefly, yeah, the current custom firmware has best of both worlds. It has all the functionality you find in the official firmware (web browser, Skype, RSS, Remote play with PS3, etc.) while still able to run homebrew apps and ripped ISO's.

The best conversion program out there for PSP would be Xvid4PSP (works great for iPods' too).
 
Back
Top