a

• Thread starter Deleted member 104402
  • Start date
You can tell they skimped on build quality compared to PS3. I get vibrations from the BD drive spinning. But at least they didn't gimp the hw as bad as the other consoles.

If you are talking about the first version of the PS3, cause the current version is plastic trash, especially that drive door.

a few questions for you PS experts...

how can I tell when the PS4 controller is fully charged?...the blue light is on in the back of the controller...I hold the PS button on the controller for 1 second but it keeps showing the battery charging icon bars blinking...if I leave the controller plugged in while gaming will it act as a wired controller...meaning will it continue to charge continuously?...can I charge it every night or do I need to wait till it's fully drained and then re-charge it?

any other Settings I need to change?

how can I tell when the PS4 controller is fully charged?...the blue light is on in the back of the controller...I hold the PS button on the controller for 1 second but it keeps showing the battery charging icon bars blinking...if I leave the controller plugged in while gaming will it act as a wired controller...meaning will it continue to charge continuously?...can I charge it every night or do I need to wait till it's fully drained and then re-charge it?

Yes it will charge while you are playing.

I just plug my controllers into USB when I am done playing and the PS4 is in Rest Mode. The light bar will glow orange while it is charging. Sometimes if I notice the connected controller isn't glowing, I will swap it with another controller so the other one is charged (and sometimes when I do this, turns out the other one was already fully charged). I have two controllers and I use a different once every few days, neither of them end up dead.

Iirc it's always wireless even plugged in, just hold the ps button > change controller settings > make changes.

I modded my controllers with a 2000mah battery from atomic industries (not some fake Amazon trash).

You can charge it whenever you want it has a circuit board that doesn't over charge it.

Your controller should always glow you only have High, Medium and Dim.

the controller holds a charge for around 8 hours?...so in the middle of a marathon Bloodborne gaming session my controller can just die out??...having 2 controllers makes sense then I guess

the controller holds a charge for around 8 hours?...so in the middle of a marathon Bloodborne gaming session my controller can just die out??...having 2 controllers makes sense then I guess

With this type of game, I'm betting you will average probably closer to 6 hours instead of 8.
Having 2 around is definitely the way to go.

8 hours might sound about right, set the light bar intensity to low for the best battery life as well.

8 hours might sound about right, set the light bar intensity to low for the best battery life as well.

yup will do...will also follow some of the tips I found at the link below...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opini...life-how-to-make-your-dualshock-4-last-longer

I'm also going to leave my controller plugged in all the time so hopefully it'll constantly hold it's charge...USB plug is short so I had to move my PS4 out from my TV stand/shelf

With this type of game, I'm betting you will average probably closer to 6 hours instead of 8.
Having 2 around is definitely the way to go.

you bought a PS4 specifically for Bloodborne or you already had one?

Leave the controller unplugged so when you throw the controller it doesn't take the PS4 with it :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
they really made finding the 14 day free PS+ trial a PITA...had to dig around multiple places before finding out how to activate it...and if you activate the free 2 day trial before activating the 14 day one then you're out of luck...and of course the 2 day trial is easy to locate

they really made finding the 14 day free PS+ trial a PITA...had to dig around multiple places before finding out how to activate it...and if you activate the free 2 day trial before activating the 14 day one then you're out of luck...and of course the 2 day trial is easy to locate

The whole PS Store blows...unorganized and not very user friendly. No I dont have a VITA, No I dont have a PSP, No I dont have a PS3 (anymore thanks to YLOD)...stop trying to reset my criteria every page I go to.

The whole PS Store blows...unorganized and not very user friendly. No I dont have a VITA, No I dont have a PSP, No I dont have a PS3 (anymore thanks to YLOD)...stop trying to reset my criteria every page I go to.

Umm, I'd rather buy my vita games on my big screen than on the vitas small screen.

There is a reason they have that implemented into the PS store.

It's quite simple, if you're looking for a game you can either A. Search bar or B. Games section, then pick your category.

bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne...received it from Amazon a little while ago...looks pretty...came with a 2 week free trial of PS+ which is nice because I don't want to buy a 3 month or 1 year subscription (yet)...this is my first console!!...I'm actually excited about hooking it up...my first impressions are that it looks pretty...the DualShock controller also looks sexy...will this turn me to the dark side and make me turn away from my PC?
How are you enjoying it? I am super tempted to get on this bundle deal..

I still wish there was some way to arrange the bar UI for the PS4. I have no idea why they won't let you.
They've fixed most of my other gripes...other than the whole "30fps is still okay" thing.

How are you enjoying it? I am super tempted to get on this bundle deal..

I'm surprised that I'm actually loving the PS4...as a PC gamer I'm shocked how nice Bloodborne looks...the graphics are better on PC for sure but it looks really impressive on PS4...the PS interface could use some refining but overall this is a really nice console...the ability to record gameplay, take screenshots etc is very well implemented...it looks sexy sitting on my shelf and the DualShock 4 controller is excellent...much better then the Xbox controller...as a KB/M guy it took me a few days to get comfortable with using it but now it's fine...it's so good I might actually use the DualShock with my PC

after initially buying this for Bloodborne (and Last of Us) I was going to sell it afterwards but now I'm most likely going to keep it

Getting ready to purchase a PS TV for remote PS4 play in bedroom tv. heard the update fixed alot of lag. gonna try wifi, if not gonna run ethernet (needed too anyways). Any one have personal experiance? plan to eventually play through some psp and vita exclusives if they appeal.

Getting ready to purchase a PS TV for remote PS4 play in bedroom tv. heard the update fixed alot of lag. gonna try wifi, if not gonna run ethernet (needed too anyways). Any one have personal experiance? plan to eventually play through some psp and vita exclusives if they appeal.

If you can just run the cable the vita/pstv have crappy wifi as does the ps4. Mine and my sons pstv units are hard wired and work perfect

Spotify is up, it works similar to usb playback. The interface on the ps4 itself is extremely limited, playlists are there but none of my radios are showing up and simple navigation options are not there.

You can however control the playback on your phone, which currently has a far better interface anyways.

It pisses me off that some games still don't work for music play back in game though like DOA5.

Spotify is up, it works similar to usb playback. The interface on the ps4 itself is extremely limited, playlists are there but none of my radios are showing up and simple navigation options are not there.

You can however control the playback on your phone, which currently has a far better interface anyways.

It pisses me off that some games still don't work for music play back in game though like DOA5.

I'm assuming the limited functionary are only temporary?

First day of launch I wouldn't assume it would have full functionality like the mobile app or desktop app has....

Tell you updates are pretty annoying with the PS4 way too frequent... I would say 4 every year would be ideal but it seems like a lot more.

Tell you updates are pretty annoying with the PS4 way too frequent... I would say 4 every year would be ideal but it seems like a lot more.

The latest update allows you to set the PS4 to automatically down and install updates so you no longer have to click through all the updates to insta them.

You know, I haven't seen much posts regarding errors with this latest update - Sony appears to be getting on the ball there.

I'm happy for the 'back up to USB' function - looking at replacing my drive with a 1TB SSHD and didn't want to have to redownload all of my digital games.

You know, I haven't seen much posts regarding errors with this latest update - Sony appears to be getting on the ball there.

I'm happy for the 'back up to USB' function - looking at replacing my drive with a 1TB SSHD and didn't want to have to redownload all of my digital games.

Yep, that was a huge feature for me. I can finally upgrade without having to re download all my software.

Last edited:
Yar, I don't know either. I'm thinking there might be a language barrier at play here.

Even with the language barrier I know what he is saying. I like the way MS is doing it with a Beta a month prior to release and monthly updates with quality stuff.

I believe he is suggesting quarterly updates for the firmware which is not enough imo.

IMO they wouldn't need as many firmware updates if they didn't rush the systems out in the first place. Most of the new features are actually just adding things that should have been available from the start or even just minor software additions. The Xbox One is the same way. I'd rather have them fix things than let them linger (obviously) but it's a bit sad that most of these fixes are even needed.

what's wrong with frequent updates?...unless you're on dial-up the download should take 2-3 minutes max

IMO they wouldn't need as many firmware updates if they didn't rush the systems out in the first place. Most of the new features are actually just adding things that should have been available from the start or even just minor software additions. The Xbox One is the same way. I'd rather have them fix things than let them linger (obviously) but it's a bit sad that most of these fixes are even needed.

This. Much of the Xbone "updates" have been Microsoft merely re-adding features that the 360 already had (external storage, voice messages), or things that PS4 already had, to create the perception that they're "constantly adding features" and "listening to customers". I guess you can't blame them for attempting to spin what is rooted in launching half-baked in the best possible way.

Not that Sony isn't guilty of this either, but Sony tends to just say "here's the update" whereas MS always takes it as a big press opportunity and gets their talking heads to make the rounds doing interviews with a lot of kumbaya bullshit. All the while MS quietly continues searching for a buyer for the whole division; has quietly dropped the Xbox branding from the latest Windows 10 builds, etc.

Anyway, /derail

Last edited:
How curel is this? Got in on the amazon deal for the ps4 bloodborne last of us and a 20$ gift card. So my ps4 shiped from KY and the game shipped from CA. I am in CA. Grr I choose free shipping. So i Have My game sitting here staring me in the face till Sunday.

I regret buying a regular jet black ps4 with the new silver batman one announced...may return mine before my 30 days at best buy are up...and grab that instead!

PS4_batman_system.jpg

I say just throw a batman sticker on your current black console and you're good to go!

Silver electronics are so 2006. Everything has shifted back to black.

Silver electronics are so 2006. Everything has shifted back to black.

Boring! Everything I have is a glossy or matte black, time for some change. I couldn't find the white PS4 unfortunately. :(

I finally picked up a ps4 last week. I picked up the Last of US Remasterd Bundle which was on sale for $399 instead of our bullshit $449 regular Canadian price. I have yet to play Last of US but I did upgrade my ps3 FFXIV to the ps4 version and played it for a few hours.

So far I'm liking the controller over the ps3 controller, it feels nice.
I'm hoping to grab Bloodborne soon as that was my biggest motivation to pick up the console.

Back