PS3 Slim wont Connect at Gigabit Speed?

interested

Gawd
Hey, i just noticed today that my Playstation 3 Slim will not connect at Gigabit speed on my Gigabit network.

From what i read i do think the PS3 is equipped with a Gigabit connection.

All my other Gigabit equipment seems to work fine at gigabit speeds.

Anyone else seen this?

Any ideas on what i should try to get the PS3 to link up at gigabit speeds?

Nope.
I have a managed switch, i can even force Gigabit over 100 and it makes no difference.
I am starting to think that its just the PS3 that does not like the Cat5 cable that i have running to it. Maybe its just more picky then most other network hardware, and requires Cat6 to work with gigabit?

I plan on taking down the PS3 ( its currently hanging from the ceiling near a projector) and trying it pluged in closer to the switch with a cat6 cable to see if that makes a difference.

I

Try another cable. I have an old CAT5 cable that basically doesn't work for gigE. Any CAT5e cable should work though.

The cable that i am using in this room that goes to the PS3, is different from all the other cables i have in all the other rooms.I have a gut feeling that its this cable that is the problem.

This particular cable is a Ultracom, Cat5e, solid copper network cable.
It is around 100+ foot run, that goes into a wall panel in another room, and then plugs into the PS3, which is hanging from the ceiling near a projector.

It is a pain to have to take down the PS3 to try it somewhere else, it might actualy just be easier for me to run another cable from the switch to the PS3.
So for now ill just leave it at 100Mbit connection until i find time to try another cable.

Back