PS2 video delay?

Archv6625

n00b
I got a slimline PS2 and hooked it up to my DLP front projection tv and noticed a delay between the input and video on games that require good timing - DDR, Hot shots golf. Seems that the video is behind the input. Any ideas on what to do to improve it, or where else to post the question, I don't know a lot of console gaming forums.
Thanks,
Adam

This happens a lot on newer TV's.
One solution might be looking for a 'videogame' mode for your TV.
Another could be disabling some video processing thats done at the TV.

I know there is a solution out there. I would do a google search or look for some user message boards.

if you're using regular RCA inputs, this is happening b/c your TV is doing some processing on the video from your console (upsampling it of whatever)... this causes a slight delay, which is noticeable in twitchy games

you should try getting the component cables for your PS2... once the TV receives the HD-like signal, it shouldn't try to do video processing on it anymore

OR, as mentioned above, try to find some specific video game input on the TV... some TVs have these inputs, which will bypass all extra video processing, exactly for the reason I mentioned

I'm using component inputs already, I'll give the videogame mode a try. I get the same results on DLP sets, an infocus 7200 projector, and SP61MD10 projection tv. FYI, it works fine on my direct view 27" tv.

Any idea what to search google for if this doesn't work? I've tried PS2 delay, "playstation 2" "input delay" "playstation 2" "video delay" and all I can find is news about the PS3, and one thread talking about a particular samsung tv.
Thanks,Adam

Make sure you don't use cheapo 3rd party controllers, they can take too much/little power. Madcat and Logitech are good 3rd party controllers and some feel better than the Dualshock.

And yeah, it could be the DLP, so make sure it's not upscaling the images. If it allows custom settings per input, don't allow upscaling on the game inputs.

Back