Proxim/Orinoco wireless client - how to run automatically?

csorrows

Weaksauce
I'm helping some folks set up a new wireless network with Proxim Orinoco wireless PCI and PC Cards, and I'm wondering if anybody out there has had any luck with getting their client connection utility to run automatically?

I don't want to use XP zero wireless (or whatever it's called). We use WPA-PSK and the Proxim utility works great, so we're going to stick with that.

When people log into their workstations, the utility runs, but when the machine is first booted, it doesn't. This causes some problems in a domain cause it takes a long time for people to log on while the client finally decides to use cached account information.

I need to find a way for the Proxim utility to run all the time, just like a normal Ethernet driver. When the machine boots up, it's there all the time, no matter who (if anybody) is logged on.

I don't think "Run As Service" will do it for me, because people still need the ability to "see" the client utility running for status, etc.

Any ideas? Thanks

You could try setting it up as a service with Interaction to the Desktop, it's option on the Log On tab in the service properties..

Back