[Project Log] - CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9)

aqnLash.png

Here are some better high quality pics from the EB Games Expo! Previous was from my phone

BYszbr9.jpg

Must have been tweaking something here

u4Vp04y.jpg

tDFVHKf.jpg

KS04ZzH.jpg

x6CIYJE.jpg

3fA9sJB.jpg

N0jYfG0.jpg

P5sC1j3.jpg

hQaTxWV.jpg

6Yu4Xr9.jpg

GLOfGp5.jpg

NOVEPUW.jpg

j7tD2bN.jpg

lx2RJHD.jpg

MkdNt0x.jpg

sadKLj8.jpg

lqNiBIn.jpg

MR9kpyO.jpg

zxPfkQO.jpg

HQbybjP.jpg

IteySgb.jpg

rg6YCQt.jpg

tfSHs1D.jpg

ayvoUkw.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

That chassis looks AMAZING ... incredible build. Not that I need to know. Just curious, how did you come up with the idea to create this masterpiece? Just incredible build.

Looks great! Lot of work went into this. Just curious, How do you connect the monitor?

Looks great! Lot of work went into this. Just curious, How do you connect the monitor?

Its tough to see on the finished pics, but the OP put a couple of holes holes in the back with rubber grommets. I would imagine you wouldn't want to use most DVI cables or a DVI->VGA adapter back there due to the lack of room, but I bet a displayport or HDMI cable would have no problems routing through the hole.

Here's an unfinished pic showing the hole for routing cables:
D0ZmtSZ.jpg

Truly one of the most beautiful builds I've ever seen!

Mad props!!!!

Looks awesome.

Cheers mate!

That chassis looks AMAZING ... incredible build. Not that I need to know. Just curious, how did you come up with the idea to create this masterpiece? Just incredible build.

It's based on the awesome Elite Dangerous game, wanted something sci-fi looking. The ball reservoirs are meant to be two starts :)

Might need to work on the colouring though :)

Its tough to see on the finished pics, but the OP put a couple of holes holes in the back with rubber grommets. I would imagine you wouldn't want to use most DVI cables or a DVI->VGA adapter back there due to the lack of room, but I bet a displayport or HDMI cable would have no problems routing through the hole.

Here's an unfinished pic showing the hole for routing cables:

Sorry guys must have missed these comments :)

Yup though that grommet hole in the back. Can easily fit a display port or hdmi along with some USB cables :)

Glad you guys like the build

Cheers,

Alex

I looked at all the other builds and they some of them were very impressive, but in the end I still like yours the best so I voted for you. Good luck

Question for you. How do you find someone that can make something like those Spherical reservoirs and what kind of specs do you need to provide so you can connect them properly and not have leaks?

I considered doing custom reservoirs, but I am always worried about leaks and how long it will last

I looked at all the other builds and they some of them were very impressive, but in the end I still like yours the best so I voted for you. Good luck

Question for you. How do you find someone that can make something like those Spherical reservoirs and what kind of specs do you need to provide so you can connect them properly and not have leaks?

I considered doing custom reservoirs, but I am always worried about leaks and how long it will last

Thanks a lot mate! Much appreciated! :D

These reservoirs are made from two domes joined together and then a band going around them to help seal them. And it's all just glued together! The best way to go about it is to contact a local acrylic manufacturer in your area, maybe even pay them a visit and have a chat with them :)

Also always test outside the system to make sure your custom res has no leaks before putting it in a loop inside a system :)

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Alex

aqnLash.png

Hi guys!

Seems like I have another update for this build :D

I received some goodies from ASUS and will be making some small changes to the build!

The Sabertooth X99 motherboard has an awesome feature called TUF Detective which is a neat little Android App. It lets you control some features of the bios with ease. It lets you monitor key parameters, detect and diagnose errors and even control the PC's power status.

Should be a neat little feature so I am implementing this tablet into the front panel of the case.

The tablet is an ASUS Memo Pad 7 HD which is perfect for this set up. It's a great little Android tablet with a 7" IPS screen and a battery life of around 10 hours. I'm not sure if keeping it plugged into the motherboard will also charge it but I guess I will find out. I will anyway make it in such a way that it can easily be taken out.

ASUS was also kind enough to provide an ROG SLI bridge for the two Strix 970s in the build!

Here are the goodies!

zJmFNMl.jpg

k42sHHh.jpg

8cS5LUr.jpg

qgl7SGG.jpg

TxsLhB7.jpg

v2BieWk.jpg

Comes with two SLI bridges that can be easily swapped around depending on the SLI setup of your motherboard. It also has a separate molex cable to light up the LED for older graphics cards that don't automatically light up the LED on the bridge.

1oDEujh.jpg

Stay tuned for the upgrade :D

Cheers,

Alex

aqnLash.png

Hi guys!

The Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational competition has come to an end however I still wanted to do some changes on this build.

The sidepanel covers have been added and also I've integrated the ASUS MemoPad7 into the front panel of the build, this will be used with the TUF Detective feature on the ASUS X99 Sabertooth motherboard.

Let have a look at the progress!

First off I pulled the acrylic off the front panel.

ETqzxBn.jpg

A hole for the tablet to fit through was cut

RGI2b7v.jpg

DZLsQDM.jpg

The tablet was then attached with some double sided tape to another piece of acrylic so that I can easily take it out. That is then screwed into the original acrylic piece.

JC8tGtC.jpg

7JvOHG4.jpg

5lHYCHX.jpg

Thanks for checking it out guys and stay tuned for more!

Will be a pretty quick upgrade :)

Cheers,

Alex

aqnLash.png

Here it is guys, mostly done and ready for filling up!

ymQgllo.jpg

LouYqJ3.jpg

fGPWTH8.jpg

wPju1dK.jpg

69GfVAn.jpg

oYOHdi3.jpg

1JGEhQM.jpg

rvPgwM3.jpg

wsmKZOZ.jpg

sR0ON9Z.jpg

w9z3jKu.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Cool mod with the tablet, seems excessive but I love it!

You didn't mention it but you do it have it plugged in right? :D

Cool mod with the tablet, seems excessive but I love it!

You didn't mention it but you do it have it plugged in right? :D

Haha cheers! It's not plugged in with these pics however it will be getting plugged in. The motherboard actually has a special USB port in the back to be used with this app. Just waiting on a USB extension cable :)

Haha cheers! It's not plugged in with these pics however it will be getting plugged in. The motherboard actually has a special USB port in the back to be used with this app. Just waiting on a USB extension cable :)

I think I know which port you are talking about, I too tried to find that coord but all of the ones that I could find on Amazon were "add on" items. Had to order a bag of screws with it lol.

I think I know which port you are talking about, I too tried to find that coord but all of the ones that I could find on Amazon were "add on" items. Had to order a bag of screws with it lol.

Ah it's just a normal USB that goes in with micro USB on the other side to connect to a tablet or a phone, just that the cable I had wasn't long enough to go from the front panel to the back of the MB :)

aqnLash.png

Hi guys!

Here is the build up and running with the tablet!

Just need to take some final pics of the build to post but it's pretty much done now :D

JQFrlAr.jpg

ycEtygM.jpg

2ZT7AIu.jpg

mcghra2.jpg

D3MfeYd.jpg

jY2MjLn.jpg

coDYqPb.jpg

YghEMob.jpg

LkHAmYV.jpg

4EaDeu6.jpg

fpvCfs5.jpg

suZ15v0.jpg

gJJWHb7.jpg

iNpgSSQ.jpg

Thanks for checking it out guys!

Cheers,

Alex

aqnLash.png

Hey guys!

A set of final build pics from home to finish off the build log!

Thanks to everyone that subscribed and followed this project, hope you've all enjoyed it!

Huge shout out to Thermaltake for putting together such an awesome international modding event and also thank you to all the amazing companies that have sponsored this project, I'm very grateful to have been given this opportunity.

Thermaltake, Avexir, Newegg, Performance-PCs.com, MNPCTECH.com, RAMCity, Icemodz.com and ASUS

Stay tuned for more builds in 2016!

Og8FpKy.jpg

hPx2P5j.jpg

LOe5OPa.jpg

kNsRCf9.jpg

vMuo278.jpg

V2M0xA5.jpg

0cekx5a.jpg

7mzGgJQ.jpg

TQEQsw7.jpg

WJWX8BK.jpg

ozvmZuz.jpg

zztljeL.jpg

OL6FO05.jpg

DLUs8Ce.jpg

For more pics and in higher quality you can check out the album on my Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.932174846870776.1073741852.772776719477257&type=3

Cheers,

Alex

By far one of the most detailed and epic builds I've seen in years. love the reservoirs wish they would go into production i'd love to have one.

my only concern is leaving the room at the top of the Res is introducing bubbles and also looks like the coolant is quite warm you see the exposed acrylic fogging up.

never the less awesome build

By far one of the most detailed and epic builds I've seen in years. love the reservoirs wish they would go into production i'd love to have one.

my only concern is leaving the room at the top of the Res is introducing bubbles and also looks like the coolant is quite warm you see the exposed acrylic fogging up.

never the less awesome build

Thanks a lot mate, glad you like it!

The only reason for the foaming and fogging up in the reservoirs is due to the fluid getting returned back to the top of the case and splashing in the water. This can be resolved with some Bitspower aquapipes that can be attached to the top to have the fluid return underneath the water level in the reservoirs. It's definitely not running hot or anything, there are 4 x 480mm radiators in the build and 28 fans or so :)

Cheers,

Alex

Back