That has to be the most overkill HDD-cooler I've ever seen, not to mention the heaviest.

Still looks great, though :D

hey mashie what is the height of the mdva from the pcb to the highest point? I want to mod one of these into a case in the near future, and I want to see if its even possible. Also how much power does it draw? Thanks!

Fabulous harddrive-rack-cooler-thingy :D

How well does it cool the drives? Have You tested with a full rack? Does it keep them cool n' happy™?
Damn, I need to find out where I can get a 1m^2 of 3 mm copper plate in Sweden... :confused:

PekkerCadette out :cool:

How much space do you actually have around the drives in those 3x5 multibays? They've always looked really cramped to me, but then, I've never used one myself.

mashie said:
It is 10 drives, 8x200GB in RAID5 and 2x250GB in RAID1, 2.1TB of raw storage.

With RAID and such applied it will be about 1.5TB usable.

The RAID1 array will be the system partition.

Sorry. Suppose I should have been more specific. I was trying to ask about the airflow around and through those little enclosures. The file system specs are nice to drool over for us po' boys, tho.
:p

How did you manage to anodize those vandal-resistant switches? I asked around here if could be done, but was told one couldn't disassemble the switches to do so, being 'vandal-resistant' of course....

Back