proccess analyzer that has built in ratings?

oROEchimaru

Supreme [H]ardness
anyone have any ideas for a process analyzer like sys interneals' process explorer or hijackthis... but one that has ratings built into it... based on what users/commenters rate them?

this way i can quickly identify the crap from the good services/processes

thanks!

You typically can tell just by looking at the list, given the descriptions. There are several free ones that give descriptions. If you ever aren't sure, just Google the process executable name for a quick answer.

That being said, I've been using Auslogics Task Manager for a week now, and I'm liking it.

portable version is about 1.5mb any other suggestiosn welcomed... ill use this for now

looking for smaller one if possible less than 1mb

looking for smaller one if possible less than 1mb
Why? Space is cheap, just get a 64MB flash drive. There are a LOT of processes out there, and any decent database of them would be at least a Meg.

lol...

i make a minipack and do remote tech support.. smaller is better.
all of these are portable so i dont have to waste time extracting etc. i have to reduce all fluff/stuff thats not needed since it helps save time.
with vnc transferring, it makes much more sense transfering 1 4mb file, than 10 2mb files... you cut the time by 75% or more

(i have all of the below files compressed together less than 4mb... i transfer one exe file that unpacks all of these tools below)

i use 7-zip which cuts the file size in half... my minipack includes:
ccleaner
hijackthis
root repeal (replacing sophos)
some tweak files and bat files to fix common issues
hostsxpert
dialafix
process analyzer that the guy posted above (in next version)
unlocker

last version:
http://www.5secondnews.com/3/post/2009/09/roes-minipack-v4-released.html

using hijackfree instead... very nice... you can kill, delete and erase related reg keys of the process

Back