Problems with windows file/print sharing pls help

Justshoe

Limp Gawd
Well this all started when i replaced my wired dlink EBR-2310 with a wireless dlink. I could get internet on both PCs just fine using stock router settings. However the file/print sharing wouldnt work. If i went to network places my mapped drives were still there but i clicked and was thrown an error message that permission was denied. I could ping both pc's and nothing more.

So to today, i removed the wireless router and went back to the wired router reset it. Went into both PC's network connections and removed file/print sharing on the card restarted and reinstalled both. Still have internet and connectivity to the router just cannot view anything in my workgroup. The only other odd thing i noticed is on PC2 when i go into the workgroup it will list itself but PC1 will not list itself under the workgroup.

I have checked the node type in ipconfig PC1 is unknown and PC2 is mixed both of which i understand are good. Netbios is set to default to enable over dhcp. Ive been trying all kinds of things with no avail im not sure what changed but something had to of. Any help would be great. using dynamic ip's tried it with static just to see and that changed nothing. i cannot ping using the cpu name only cpu IP

Also no firewalls of any kind no virus protection on either. Windows firewall is disabled.

Hi. A couple of questions. First, are both of your computers getting their ip numbers from the router (DHCP)? If so, what are the ip addresses, masks, and the gateway values for each computer?

They are both dynamic and both have the same dns 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 ips are 101 and 100

Back