problems with dual monitors and 5870

chipstien

n00b
When at factory settings 2D downclocks are 400/1200 and everything works fine. However when I try to overclock the GPU in CCC or Afterburner the 2D downclock settings drop to 157/300 and I get tearing/flickering in Firfox while browsing. Not to mention the clocks are jumping from 157/300 to 400/1200 constantly. All is fine though if I open a game and it jumps to 3D mode. Any thoughts and suggestions?

I noticed clocks dropping to 157/300 on my 5850 with 2 monitors but did not have any browsing or aero issues.

Wow, I hope this dual monitor issue is not a problem again. I just ordered a 5850, because my 4850 was doing the same thing. :eek:

No idea how they plan to get 6 monitors running without issues with that eyefinity when they can't even get two right. Mine kept switching to 59hz refresh rate when I would close a 3d app or reboot, but it would say I was at 60hz in the properties, even though I had black bars on all sides of my primary display, and text was unreadable. Had to set it manually to 59hz, then it would look like 60hz. Drivers 9.8 and above seem to have taken this away, except for maybe openGL games, haven't tried one in a while.
Probably going to give me a headache tomorrow cause I'll be picking up a pci-e cable I left at my parents house for my 8800gts. Going to try that phsyX with ati hack.

Back