Problems with AV-710

Deliximus

2[H]4U
Joined
May 29, 2001
Messages
4,072
I heard many positive reviews of the Chaintech AV-710, so I bought one for my secondary system and having weird problems with it.

Let me list my specs first:

A64 x2 4200+ AM2 w/ Arctic Freezer 64 Pro
DFI Infinity UltraII-M2
Geforce 7300GT
2 x 1GB DDR667
Thermaltake 420W PSU
SCSI 15K Cheetah 18GB
2 x 250GB WD SATA2 16MB Drives
Ati Theatre 650
Logitech Z560 Speakers 4.1


1.) So i tried installing from the 5.00b driver from viaarena.com and i can't hear anything. The Audiodeck shows that there is some sound coming out but I don't hear anything out of my speakers

2.) Installed drivers from cd. I can hear sound now, but it makes all my video files go in
slow-mo. Either it is played in Winamp, PowerDVD, WMP the video will be in slow-mo and the sound will be in a deep-voice due to slow-mo.

3.) Tried other drivers from viaarena site but no go.

4.) switched back to onboard Realtek sound and everything is fine.


I am very troubled by this issue and not successful in find a solution online. Pls advise.

I also tried speaker plugged into green and the Alt-out beside the optical out.


Thanks.
 
The only thing I can tell you is if you're going to use the alt-out with the Wolfson DAC, then with the 5.00b drivers, you need to select HQ 2 Ch mode, and move the PCM SPDIF volume up with the wave volume. Those two are linked in hq mode.
 
I've used that card for years, and have had nothing but trouble with it. I've had dozens of different issues with it, in various different systems. In my current system, the audio randomly drops out and I have to restart wmp to get it to play. This is using th 5.00 drivers.
All I can say is good luck. As the previous poster said, make sure you're using the right port, because the 2 channel HQ mode uses the last port, next to the optical output. Aside from that, you'll probably just have to play with it to get it to work. Also, make sure your totally disabled the onboard audio before you try using the card.
 
I've used that card for years, and have had nothing but trouble with it. I've had dozens of different issues with it, in various different systems. In my current system, the audio randomly drops out and I have to restart wmp to get it to play. This is using th 5.00 drivers.
All I can say is good luck. As the previous poster said, make sure you're using the right port, because the 2 channel HQ mode uses the last port, next to the optical output. Aside from that, you'll probably just have to play with it to get it to work. Also, make sure your totally disabled the onboard audio before you try using the card.

yeah. i've since moved on to an audigy 2 because of the dropout issue.
 
thanks for the tip guys.

i will give that a try. but i'm gonna kill someone soon or a refund!
 
yes...its worth killing people for a $25 card:rolleyes:

Okay, first of all if you use last.fm kill the plugin. I've had tons of issues with the plugin causing zero sound to happen or noise.

Also make sure your using the right output. There is the higher DAC's that someone mentioned they are the alternative ones marked at the back of the card (black) and have to select the Hi-sample part in the dock. If that still doesn't work. Try reseating the card. Perhaps something got popped out.
 
Back
Top