Problems logging into XP pro

Dude8383

n00b
Stop 0xC000021A

friend got this message..anyone offer some help??

"The Stop 0xC000021A message occurs when Windows XP Professional switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Windows XP Professional cannot run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. You cannot use the kernel debugger in this situation because the error occurred in a user-mode process."

Thats what microsoft says..but that didnt help me at all..

I tried to boot into safe mode and login as the administrator, but a message popped up saying "You have the incorrect time, please upload a new control panel" ..err something along those lines.

Im gonna try to boot with the XP disk to see if i can "Repair" but are there any other alternatives that i can try???

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156669

This error may have several causes, including, but not limited to the following:
• Mismatched system files have been installed.
• A Service Pack installation has failed.
• A backup program that as used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
• An incompatible third party program been installed

What changed prior to the error (new software, new service pack install, etc)?

absolutely none of that has been changed!

nothing new was installed..it just happened to the laptop outta NOWHERE!! thats why im so clueless about this..

Back