Problems booting from any cd/dvd

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a computer that I cannot boot from disc...period.

Everytime I try to boot from disc I get this error:

Invalid BOOT.INI file
Booting from C:\Windows\

The computer boots fine from the hard drive and I only get this error when I press F12 and try to force it to boot from disc. How is it that it boots fine from the HD and not from disc?

Suggestions appreciated.
Thanks!

Have you tried a different boot disc? Also try a different CD/DVD rom drive or try the boot disc on another computer.

Have you tried a different boot disc? Also try a different CD/DVD rom drive or try the boot disc on another computer.

I have tried numerous different boot disc and get the same thing. It's wierd, if I have ever got this error in the past, then the computer just wouldn't boot period. I've never had one boot from the hd and then not boot from cd. This pc was infected with that isecurity.exe and I have gotten that all removed and cleaned up. So, I thought that was what the problem was. But now that it's cleaned off, it still does it.

What exactly is your CD boot option called in your Boot Selection screen?
Try setting the boot priority manually in BIOS instead of the F12 method?
Try booting from a USB stick too?

Are all these disks you've tried burned disks you did yourself? Do they boot in other computers?

Last edited:
its possible if you are using a cd/dvd drive that either the cd part or the dvd part of it doesn't work anymore...

have you tried different ports? and if its IDE is it properly set for slave/master or is everything on cable select?

have you tried different data cables?

What exactly is your CD boot option called in your Boot Selection screen?
Try setting the boot priority manually in BIOS instead of the F12 method?
Try booting from a USB stick too?

Are all these disks you've tried burned disks you did yourself? Do they boot in other computers?

Boot options are:

1. Normal
2 Primary master drive
3. Hard-disk Drive C:
4. IDE CD-Rom Device
5. System Setup
6. IDE Drive Diagnostics
7. Boot to utility parition

I have set the CD to the highest boot priority, I even made it the only boot option in the BIOS and still get the same error message. I have not tried booting from a USB. Some of the disc are burned disc, which work perfect it all other computers. I have even tried true-blue purchased genuine Windows XP disc and same thing.

I tried a different cd\dvd drive, but have not tried a different cable. Will do that next.

Back