Problem with Xfi Titanium,pls help

Miltos2304

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
210
I just purchased Xfi Titanium and pluged it to my Asus Rampage Pci-x. I started the windows, put the install cd but when its going to install the drivers an error msg pops up saying something like "not hardware detected,pls ensure that you proberly install the hardware correctly,something like this. I checked again and again and the card is proberly pluged into pci-x correctly.

Any ideas????????????? :confused:
 
i had the same problem with my Auzentech xfi, it wouldn't detect at all in one pci slot, so i just moved it to the other and it worked! could be that your mobo is allocating the resources that the pci-e slot would use to something else you have. raid or w/e etc
 
Yep, try a different PCI-E slot if possible. The manual for the Titanium notes that some x16 slots are sometimes reserved for video cards on some motherboards. Be sure to disable onboard sound; this may not be a factor, but some users think it may cause installation difficulties.
 
in my other pci-x i have the 9800gx2. And yes i disable the onbaord sound.Still nothing.
The xfi led is on but my pc dont see the card :confused:
 
Your rampage has two x16 slots and two x1 slots.

Even with the 9800 GX2 you've got options.

Try putting it one of the short x1 slots.
 
I just purchased Xfi Titanium and pluged it to my Asus Rampage Pci-x. I started the windows, put the install cd but when its going to install the drivers an error msg pops up saying something like "not hardware detected,pls ensure that you proberly install the hardware correctly,something like this. I checked again and again and the card is proberly pluged into pci-x correctly.

Any ideas????????????? :confused:

in my other pci-x i have the 9800gx2. And yes i disable the onbaord sound.Still nothing.
The xfi led is on but my pc dont see the card :confused:

I would try putting the soundcard into a PCI-E slot, If I recall the Xfi Titanium is PCI-E and would not work in a PCI-X slot. Im not ever sure if it even would fit.
 
Put it in the top PCI-e slot. Thats where mine is... where the onboard sound would go if you put it in.
 
ok,i deside to change to Asus Xonar D2x. The only consider i have is that is bigger than Xfi titanium and can't find specific dimensions anywhere. Anyone knows if it conficts with ram?

I want to know if its shorter and dont touch the ram
 
If you have the Rampage Formula I am looking at, the PCI-E x1 slots are not on the top where the RAM is so there should be no issue with that.

The Xonar D2X is definitely longer than the Titanium. The Xonar is a tad over 7 inches. Also take into account that a 4-pin floppy drive power connector has to connected to the bottom of the D2X card and it adds a little to the needed space behind it.
 
ok,so i stick to my onboard realtek sound until i found something that fits me.

They dont make it easy at all. Xfi titanium needs to reinstall vista to recognise it. I am not doing this. Creative makes this on purpose? Damn. :mad:
 
If you have the Rampage Formula I am looking at, the PCI-E x1 slots are not on the top where the RAM is so there should be no issue with that.

The Xonar D2X is definitely longer than the Titanium. The Xonar is a tad over 7 inches. Also take into account that a 4-pin floppy drive power connector has to connected to the bottom of the D2X card and it adds a little to the needed space behind it.

there is a a PCIe 1x slot above the first PCI slot. Its black.
 
Back
Top