Problem with winamp5.

FearThePenguin

Limp Gawd
i downloaded winamp5 the other day, and all sound comes from the front speakers. nothing threw the rear. winamp3 works fine. (i want to use winamp5 for the internet radio it has. does winamp3 have it? that would solve alot of problems)
anyway, I looked around at some of the settings and couldnt find anything, i was moslty looking for something like fade. can someone help me out?

gamesurround muse 5.1
windows 2000
Fixed
<Stoner|Laptop> preferences, PlugIns, Output
<Stoner|Laptop> try the current plug in 1st
<Stoner|Laptop> go to configure
<Stoner|Laptop> and check allow hardware accelration
<Stoner|Laptop> that dont work u can try switchin the plug in and checking allow hardware accelration

I believe your sound card has to support some sort of upmixing to listen to winamp in 5.1, as all normal music is 2.1, but it seems you have that capability since it worked in winamp3.

Although winamp5 is a great improvement, it probably makes little difference if you could find the internet radio plugin for winamp3.

ya winamp 5 sux =\
i found a couple internet radio stations i like, got the actual link and just put them into my winamp3. so im all good now =)

winamp 3 was a mistake, like a bastard child or something, that nullsoft had to put down and have another (5), based on the code of winamp 2.
winamp 5 is basicly winamp 2 with more features.

I hate to say it, but winamp can stuff it. it's had it day, but I am just tired of the program. I gone to WMP9 and have no issues like I did with Winamp any ver. I wish winamp luck, but I will not be going back to it.

wmp9 is WAY too much fluff tho.
its worse than music match, and thats saying something.

winamp 5 rocks man.... get itunes if you dont like winamp....

Can't say I'm much of a fan of the newer versions of Winamp. I don't understand why people want/need video capabilities, all it does is make the program messy, especially when there are other programs that do a much nicer job of handling video. Winamp, after the 2.9x series, just got too bloated, and their handling of large playlists sucked a serious amount of ram and processing cycles.

BO(V)BZ said:
Can't say I'm much of a fan of the newer versions of Winamp. I don't understand why people want/need video capabilities, all it does is make the program messy, especially when there are other programs that do a much nicer job of handling video. Winamp, after the 2.9x series, just got too bloated, and their handling of large playlists sucked a serious amount of ram and processing cycles.

I very much agree. I do not even install the video capabilities of winamp5, but I like the new skins and the better performance for just playing music.

I like having a separate program for audio and video, so I can look at both at the same time. And winamp is still the best I've found for my mp3 collection.

Give foobar2000 a try, it'll change how you think of just an 'mp3 player.' I use foobar and media player classic for audio and video respectively, because each is the best I've seen for customizability, small memory footprint, and simplicity [I don't need fancy skins, flashy effects, etc, just a usable interface]. Between those programs, I can play any type of audio or video.

FearThePenguin said:
ya winamp 5 sux =\
i found a couple internet radio stations i like, got the actual link and just put them into my winamp3. so im all good now =)

what are you talking about win amp 5 is great, i thought it sucked at first but with a lil tweking it works great, also i have never had a problem with my surround sound working with the internet radio, if you go to the winamp site and look for dsp plug ins there is one called simply surround, it needs no configuration, it works with eaverything, i have the mad dog predator dsp 5.1 sound card and creative 5200 5.1 speakers, eaverything sounds great with it. :D

Back