[H]eckel
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Apr 8, 2001
- Messages
- 1,905
I have an issue that I really hope someone here can help me with. I've tried everything I can think of.
I bought a new 5.1 speaker set the other day and I cannot get anything to output from the rear jack or center/sub jack. I have used three different sound devices. My onboard Realtek AC'97 7.1, a Sound Blaster Live 5.1, and a Sound Blaster Audigy 7.1. They are all doing roughly the same thing. When I do a speaker test in whatever application is associated with the particular sound device, I get nothing from the rear, center, or sub.
Is there something in Windows blocking these channels? I don't see why it would happen on different sound cards. I know my speakers are working because I can plug the rear ones in to the front port and they work fine.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
<edit>It does the same thing when I use a digital connection. Is there something in windows that disables all but the front speakers? The sound is set to 5.1 in Windows, BTW.</edit>
I bought a new 5.1 speaker set the other day and I cannot get anything to output from the rear jack or center/sub jack. I have used three different sound devices. My onboard Realtek AC'97 7.1, a Sound Blaster Live 5.1, and a Sound Blaster Audigy 7.1. They are all doing roughly the same thing. When I do a speaker test in whatever application is associated with the particular sound device, I get nothing from the rear, center, or sub.
Is there something in Windows blocking these channels? I don't see why it would happen on different sound cards. I know my speakers are working because I can plug the rear ones in to the front port and they work fine.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
<edit>It does the same thing when I use a digital connection. Is there something in windows that disables all but the front speakers? The sound is set to 5.1 in Windows, BTW.</edit>