Problem with PC wired to WRT54G

pcperson

n00b
Well, i've had this router for at least a year now and it has worked flawlessly. My sister just got a laptop for college and so I decided to set up my printer as shared so she wouldnt have to plug a printer in as my computer is on pretty much all the time I'm awake. So then we decided to extend our wireless range a bit to set up my dad's home-office to run wireless so I went about setting up a linksys access point (forgot the code name) in our basement under his office as thats where the modem is. I think i might have messed something up in the settings of either my computer or my router as now I can't get to the control panel of the router on this computer (the laptop i have here that is connected wirelessly can still get on to the control panel) and my sister can no longer print to here. Reading up on the linksys site makes me think it has something to do with my computer having a VPN set up on it, but I wasnt able to find any. I also started getting this nasty pop-up every time I log into windows.

so has my home network failed horribly or is there some way i can fix all these problems?

thanks for the help

Back